This document introduces you to the main parts of the info/control
Account settings are listed at the top of the info/control
- User: the name by which you are known to the hosting
system. It's the same as your control panel login.
- FTP Login: the login name you use when you upload
your site to your home directory on the server.
- Plan: the arrangement of resources and services
you are subscribed to. To change your plan, click the icon
next to the plan name. You cannot change between incompatible
plans, like Unix and Windows.
- Billing period: the period of time you pay for.
Your payments include recurrent fees charged at the beginning
of the billing period and usage fees charged at the end
of the billing period. For more information see the
Paying for Hosting chapter of this manual.
Click the icon to switch to a different billing period.
- Domains: the sites you host in this account. Within
one account, you can host as many sites as your plan allows.
This is the total amount of information transferred to and
from your account by Internet visitors and yourself from the
beginning of the current billing month.
Example: If your billing period is 2 months long and started
on the 5th of October, the first billing month will end on
the 5th of November, and your total traffic will be reset.
However, if you change your total traffic limit, your traffic
will be reset and a new billing month will start.
If you expect to run up more traffic than comes with your
plan, it's a good idea to raise your traffic limit. To do
so, click the second icon:
Total traffic limit is the amount of traffic you pay for
in advance. It is charged at the recurrent fee. However:
- if you fail to run up all your quota resource, you are
not returned the payment for the unused megabytes;
- if you exceed the quota, you are charged usage fee per
each gigabyte of the excess traffic.
You can always buy additional amount of the resource in order
not to be charged the extra payment.
The system e-mails you a notification when you have used
80% of the traffic limit.
Control Panel navigation is not included into the total traffic.
This is the disk space you are actively using out of the
disk space allocated to your account. There should always be
several megabytes of slack (unused space) to ensure correct
performance of statistics reporting utilities, such as Webalizer
or Modlogan. Click the Change icon to buy extra disk storage
if you presume it is insufficient:
Resource meter shows how much of your resources you have
used, how much you have free, and how much you can have at
most in this account:
- Domains - number of domains in this account
- Subdomains - total number of subdomains in all domains
of this account
- Mailboxes - total number of mailboxes in all domains and
subdomains of this account
- Auto responders - total number of autoresponders in all
mailboxes of this account
- MySQL database - total number of MySQL databases in this
- PgSQL database - total number of PGSQL databases in this
Select a new skin
Different control panel skins have different navigation principles.
To change to a different skin, do the following:
- Click Select a New Skin in the info/control area on the
- On the page that appears, select the name of the skin
in the Choose Design box and click the Choose
- Select the icon set and click the Set icon.
- Set Tooltips state. This option determines whether
or not to show assisting hints at the top of each page.
- Click Home in the info/control area to return to
your control panel home page.
This option will change all texts in the control panel, including
labels, system notes, context online help, etc.