This document explains how to sign up new users from the
admin control panel.
How Do I Sign Up New Users?
There are two ways of customer registration - "from the street" and
from the admin control panel. The registration "from the street" can
be performed by the the customer without admin's interaction. The
registration from the admin control panel goes through exactly the
same steps, but can be performed only by the administrator.
Signup from the admin control panel is also the one and only way
to create accounts that are unavailable "from the street",
regardless of whether they are tagged available or unavailable
for signup, for instance admin and technical support accounts.
To sign up a new user from the admin control panel:
- Select Signup in the Signup menu:
- On the page that shows, click Select next to the plan for the new
- Signup Wizard page appears. Go through Signup Wizard. Click arrows
in the right lower corner of the page to proceed signup.
When you are through with the Signup Wizard, account will be either created
or assigned for activation. Read below on account activation.
- Enter your contact info in the form that shows (name, e-mail, address, etc.).
- Select payment type in the drop-down box (credit card, check, online payments)
or trial hosting.
- Enter payment information: credit card numbers, expiry date and etc. -
for credit cards; address where the bills will be sent - for checks.
- Enter username and password for this account.
- Choose the type of domain you want to sign up with (or sign up without
- Agree to charges if any, and complete the creation of account.
How Do I Activate Accounts?
Newly registered accounts do not get activated immediately. Some of them need
to be activated manually by admin. This procedure is called account moderation.
In version 2.3 and higher, in addition to check
pay accounts, when trial account is put under moderation, customer will receive
two moderated email notifications: one is sent upon signup and states that account
soon will be activated. Second one is sent upon activation, stating that
account has been registered and can be accessed by the user.
By default, the following accounts are automatically moderated upon signup:
- Check pay accounts
- Electronic payment accounts: WorldPay and PayPal networks.
- Credit card pay accounts that experienced some errors with processing centers
(version 2.3 and higher). More >>
- Any accounts that experienced internal errors during signup process.
Other accounts can be automatically moderated on your request:
- Credit card accounts can be moderated when Moderated CC Signup is
turned on. To do this, go to Merchant Gateway in the Settings
- Trial accounts can be moderated if Signup Guard in the Settings
menu is configured to put all trial accounts on moderation.
- Finally, all accounts can be moderated through Signup Guard in the
Settings menu. Read below on Signup Guard.
To activate accounts:
If you decide to reject the account moderation request and remove the account, do the following;
- Select Moderate in the Signup menu. The list of accounts awaiting
- Click the name of the account.
- On the page that shows, check all information about the owner of the account.
- Click the Create link at the very top of the page to activate the
- Select Moderate in the Signup menu.
- On the page that shows, click the name of the account.
- View the account's registration data
- Click the Delete link at the very bottom of the page. The account
How do I change plan for an account awaiting moderation?
(version 2.3 and higher)
When an account gets to the Moderate signup section, a plan for this account can be changed.
You can chose a plan if it's grouped with other compatible plans. To change a plan for moderated account:
- Select Moderate in the Signup menu.
- On the page that shows, click the name of the account.
- Scroll down to the Plan name and billing period section.
- Click the Edit icon next to the plan name and the following page shows:
- Chose a new plan from a drop-down box and click Save.
- On the page that appears, chose a new billing period for this plan and click Save.
Thus, you have changed a plan before activating it for the user.
How Do I Ensure that Nobody Signs Up with a Stolen Credit Card?
(version 2.08 and higher)
When the attempts to use stolen credit cards become frequent,
the online processing center may close or suspend your account.
To prevent this, you can switch to the moderated credit card signup
mode and manually check each credit card, including its authenticity,
address info, and other details, before allowing
to create the account and charging the registration fee.
To enable moderated credit card signup, select Merchant Gateway Manager
in the Settings menu. On the page that appears, switch
Moderated CC signup ON:
(version 2.1 and higher)
You can create smart rules (filters) to moderate accounts matching specific
criteria. Once configured, this utility decides if the new account will be created
right away or will be placed into the awaiting moderation list on the
SIGNUP->Moderate page with appropriate comments/warnings.
To configure moderation rules, do the following:
- Select SignupGuard in the Settings menu.
- On the page that appears, select which accounts will be placed in the awaiting
moderation list and click Submit.
Note: Max Amount - accounts will be moderated if the total price
for such signup is bigger than this amount.
Setting Signup Guard Blacklist
If you wish, you can blacklist certain parameters and accounts with such parameters
will be moderated as well. To do it:
- On Signup Guard page, in the Black Lists section, choose the parameters (e.g: countries)
to be tracked during signup:
- On the page that shows, enter parameters, delimiting them with semicolons+white
- Click Submit Query.
From now on, make sure to check the awaiting moderation list regularly.
It is available on the SIGNUP -> Moderate page.
Note: SignupGuard will never reject client signup, it will place all
suspicious signups into the awaiting moderation list on the SIGNUP->Moderate page.
Country codes for the Signup Guard blacklist
Here is the list of country codes for the Signup Guard blacklist:
Antigua and/or Barbuda
Bosnia and Herzegovina
British lndian Ocean Territory
Central African Republic
Cocos (Keeling) Islands
Falkland Islands (Malvinas)
French Southern Territories
Heard and Mc Donald Islands
Iran (Islamic Republic of)
Korea, Democratic People's Republic
Korea, Republic of
Lao People's Democratic Republic
Libyan Arab Jamahiriya
Micronesia, Federated States
Moldova, Republic of
Northern Mariana Islands
Papua New Guinea
Saint Kitts and Nevis
Saint Vincent and the Grenadines
San Tome and Principe
South Georgia (The South Sandwich Islands)
St. Pierre and Miquelon
Svalbarn and Jan Mayen Islands
Syrian Arab Republic
Taiwan, Province of China
Tanzania, United Republic of
Trinidad and Tobago
Turks and Caicos Islands
United Arab Emirates
United States minor outlying islands
Vatican City State (Holy See)
Virigan Islands (British)
Virgin Islands (U.S.)
Wallis and Futuna Islands
How do I know which computer signup came from? (version
2.1 and higher)
Tracking down signup IPs is useful when verifying order info to prevent fraud.
You would pay closer attention to orders having US contact information and other
country's IP address. Tracking down signup IPs is available only for moderated
accounts. To learn the IP which moderated account order came from, go to SIGNUP
-> Moderate. Click the accounts name link to view account related info.
In the Other signup information table REMOTE_ADDR entry reads
this account signup IP:
* Besides that, signup IP is also displayed to subscribers on the last page of
the signup wizard.
What if there are any errors while the user is trying
to sign up?
Even if a signup fails, the user is still allowed to complete the registration
procedure. The potential customer is notified of the temporary problems and
the signup request lands in the moderate section:
- signups that experienced H-Sphere system errors will be placed into a regular
Moderated Signup sections, so when you fix the internal errors that happened
while the user was registering with the system, his account can be activated.
* available in 2.2 and higher
You will be notified of the internal error with Trouble Ticket System.
- credit card signups that experienced errors with processing centers will
be placed into a Signups failed to the unknown reason section, Moderated Signup,
* available in 2.3 and higher versions
To see what was the problem was, go to Reports -> Charge Log -> Error Message.
How Do I Track My Signup Statistics?
Signup statistics includes data about accounts created and deleted by each
admin. Signups "from the street" are not included into this statistics. To read
about overall signup reports, click here.
To view the Signup statistics, choose Stats from the
Signup menu. Clicking on the underlined number in the
Live accounts column will display details on these accounts.
Click the underlined columns' captions to sort the entries.
The Export link under the chart enables you to save
the chart data in *.csv format that is supported by numerous
spreadsheet and database programs. Commas are used as delimiters.
Moving Users from Trial to Paid
To make a trial user a pay customer, it is usually enough
to go to the Billing menu in the user's control panel
and create a billing profile for this user. In case of checks,
the user will become a pay customer after:
- you receive the check payment;
- you credit the amount to user's account;
- you resume the account.
In case of credit cards, H-Sphere resumes the account