In H-Sphere 2.3 and higher, you can offer subsidized hosting to individual
customers. Subsidized customers sign up for common plans with common prices, but
get invoices with discounted totals.
Subsidizing is available only for new signups; you can't apply it to existing accounts.
Only credit card payment customers can use the subsidizing feature. This document covers
the following issues:
Creating Subsidies for Plans
To create a subsidy for a plan:
- Select Plans in the INFO menu in your admin control panel.
- In the list of plans, click the Settings icon against the selected
- On the page that appears, turn Subsidizing ON:
- On the page that appears, choose Promotion as promotional type and
click Submit. Sponsorship is not working yet. It's reserved for future
- Fill in the form that shows:
- Promotional Key - enter a unique keyword for this promotion. You
should send this promotional code to subsidized users for them to enter
it when prompted in signup wizard forms. Each subsidy should have its own
promotional key. It should begin with a letter and have 2 to 20 characters.
- Promotional Discount - the percentage of subsidy for this kind
of promotion. If you enter 20, users will pay only 20% of each charge.
Example: The domain set up is $10 and domain recurrent fee is $5, the user
will pay $2 and $1 correspondingly.
- Promotion Description - add a note to this promotion to show up
in user billing entries:
- Click Submit.
Editing and Removing Subsidies
You may create as many subsidies for one plan as you wish. You can also edit
the existing subsidies in plan settings:
- Select Plans in the INFO menu in admin control panel.
- In the list of plans, click the Settings icon next to a plan:
On the page that shows you can:
- Edit a subsidy: click the Edit icon in the Controls entry.
On the page that shows, change the subsidy percentage and description and
- Add a new promotion: click the Add icon in the Key entry.
Fill the form that shows and click Submit. The subsidy appears in
the list of promotional entries.
- Remove promotional entries: click the Remove icon in the Controls
If a subsidizing period expires or you decide to stop all subsidies for this
plan and permanently discard all promotion settings, you can disable subsidizing completely:
- Select Plans in the INFO menu in the admin control panel.
- In the list of plans, click the Settings icon next to a plan.
- On the page that appears, turn Subsidizing OFF. This will disable any
subsidizing for all users in this plan.
Signing Up Users for Subsidized Plans
Once you have configured subsidizing for a plan, send the promotional code to
subsidized customers. A subsidy is activated for users' accounts at signup:
- Select Signup in the Signup menu.
- Click the Select icon next to a plan. This launches signup wizard.
- When Contact Info page shows, enter the Promo Code at the bottom
of the page.
- Click the Arrows icon to proceed. Upon successful signup, the promotional
subsidy is activated.
With this promotion, user is charged the reduced fee at the beginning of the billing
period. The discounted fee is automatically calculated from the full amount of accruals.
E.g: user's total amount accrued is 10 $. With a 20% promotion, user is charged $2 (not $8).
Warning: Please keep in mind that promotional discount doesn't affect
signup invoice that shows on the last step of user signup process. Promotional discount is processed only when credit card is charged.
It means that your users will see a full amount in their signup invoice but they will be charged a reduced fee.
Discount will show in their Online Invoice when the account is created. Please make sure to inform your users about this feature to avoid misunderstanding.